I am an epidemiologist with an interest in methodology and causal inference. I joined the Stroke Research Group in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences as a Research Associate in November 2022. Currently, my research focuses on analysing epidemiological, clinical, and genetic data to investigate relationships between vascular risk, stroke, and dementia.
I am also interested in identifying progression patterns using trajectory models and applying artificial intelligence (e.g., machine learning and deep learning).
2016-2021: Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Safety, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
2013-2016: MSc in Epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
2008-2010: BSc in Public Health, School of Public Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran.
- Koohi F, Ahmadi N, Azizi F, Khalili D, Valizadeh M. Patterns of change in obesity indices and other cardiometabolic risk factors before the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes: two decades follow-up of the Tehran lipid and glucose study. J Transl Med. 2022;20(1):518. doi:10.1186/s12967-022-03718-8. PMID: 36348481; PMCID: PMC9644604.
- Koohi F, Khalili D, Soori H, Nazemipour M, Mansournia MA. Longitudinal effects of lipid indices on incident cardiovascular diseases adjusting for time-varying confounding using marginal structural models: 25 years follow-up of two US cohort studies. Global Epidemiology. 2022:100075. doi:10.1016/j.gloepi.2022.100075.
- Iranpour S, Sabour S, Koohi F, Saadati HM. The trend and pattern of depression prevalence in the U.S.: Data from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005 to 2016. J Affect Disord. 2022;298(Pt A):508-515. doi:10.1016/j.jad.2021.11.027. PMID: 34785265.
- Koohi F, Khalili D, Mansournia MA, Hadaegh F, Soori H. Multi-trajectories of lipid indices with incident cardiovascular disease, heart failure, and all-cause mortality: 23 years follow-up of two US cohort studies. J Transl Med. 2021;19(1):286. doi:10.1186/s12967-021-02966-4. PMID: 34217318; PMCID: PMC8254336.
- Koohi F, Ahmadi N, Hadaegh F, Safiee S, Azizi F, Khalili D. Trajectories of cardiovascular disease risk and their association with the incidence of cardiovascular events over 18 years of follow-up: The Tehran Lipid and Glucose study. J Transl Med. 2021;19(1):309. doi:10.1186/s12967-021-02984-2. PMID: 34271961; PMCID: PMC8284005.
- Koohi F, Steyerberg EW, Cheraghi L, Abdshah A, Azizi F, Khalili D. Validation of the Framingham hypertension risk score in a middle eastern population: Tehran lipid and glucose study (TLGS). BMC Public Health. 2021;21(1):790. doi:10.1186/s12889-021-10760-6. PMID: 33894756; PMCID: PMC8070324.
- Iranpour S, Saadati HM, Koohi F, Sabour S. Association between caffeine intake and cognitive function in adults; effect modification by sex: Data from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2013-2014. Clin Nutr. 2020;39(7):2158-2168. doi:10.1016/j.clnu.2019.09.003. PMID: 31582197.